Local schools will start collecting old, unused phone-books Monday for the annual "Project Re-Directory" recycling program sponsored by Keep Abilene Beautiful and the city of Abilene.
The program will run until April 30. Old directories can be dropped off at a number of locations including elementary schools, head starts and early childhood centers.
All schools competing in the competition will receive a 20-gallon tree provided by TXU energy.
The winning school will receive a $100 cash prize from Keep Abilene Beautiful.
Phone books can be dropped off at the following locations:
*Austin Elementary - 2341 Greenbriar Drive
*Bassetti Elementary - 5749 Hwy 277 South
*Crockett Early Head Start - 3282 S. 13th Street
*Dyess Elementary - 402 Delaware Rd.
*Johnston Elementary - 3602 N. 12th Street
*Locust Early Childhood - 625 S. 8th Street
*Myra Martinez Elementary - 1250 Merchant Street
*Ortiz Elementary - 2550 Vogel Street
*Reagan Elementary - 5340 Hartford Street
*Taylor Elementary - 916 E.N. 13th Street
*Thomas Elementary - 1240 Lakeside Dr.
*Woodson Early Childhood - 520 N. 9th Street
*Woodson Early Head Start - 949 Plum Street
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck