ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Tejano station 93.3 FM "La Voz" kicked off a radiothon to benefit Hendrick Children's Hospital.
From Wednesday to Friday, the radio station will be broadcasting interviews and stories that feature the hospital and those whose lives have been helped by the services there.
Hendrick Children's Hospital is a member of the Children's Miracle Network--a network of hospitals all over the country that provide services to the youngest among us. The dollars raised by the radiothon will fund the purchase of new, lifesaving equipment and further training for doctors and nurses.
All the money raised locally goes to benefit services exclusively for Hendrick Children's Hospital.
One spokesman for "La Voz" tells KTXS the first day went "very well." The radiothon concludes Friday at 7 p.m.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs