ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene veteran has filed a lawsuit against U.S Rep. Randy Neugebauer, the city and many others.
In the 35-page complaint, 69-year-old Larry Gordon claims he was wrongfully arrested and committed to the Betty Hardwick Center for six days after an incident at the congressman's Abilene office.
Gordon's lawsuit alleges he was trying to raise awareness of veteran suicide rates, but police said he made threats to himself and also the congressman.
The suit seeks money for what Gordon called a wrongful arrest and commitment to a psychiatric facility without cause.
KTXS reached out to Neugebauer for a response to the lawsuit. According to his assistant, as of Tuesday night, they had not yet been served.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated