ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene veteran has filed a lawsuit against U.S Rep. Randy Neugebauer, the city and many others.
In the 35-page complaint, 69-year-old Larry Gordon claims he was wrongfully arrested and committed to the Betty Hardwick Center for six days after an incident at the congressman's Abilene office.
Gordon's lawsuit alleges he was trying to raise awareness of veteran suicide rates, but police said he made threats to himself and also the congressman.
The suit seeks money for what Gordon called a wrongful arrest and commitment to a psychiatric facility without cause.
KTXS reached out to Neugebauer for a response to the lawsuit. According to his assistant, as of Tuesday night, they had not yet been served.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run