Friends, relatives and co-workers streamed into the United Way building Thursday to say goodbye to a longtime employee.
Mary Anne Sides retired after 26 years with 'A Call For Help'. This morning she was surprised with well-wishers bidding her a fond farewell.
Mary Anne, along with husband Eddie, are now both retired and plan to spend more time with their sons and grandson. They're looking forward to a second grandchild's arrival this May.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide