ABILENE, Texas - This week marks the beginning of the newest TxDot project. Loop 322 is getting a makeover to include pavement surfacing, ramp modifications, turnarounds at major intersections and some sidewalk construction.
Drivers will have to use only the inside lanes nearest the freeway in their daily commute. The project consist of converting more than two miles of frontage roads to from two-ways to one-ways.
Residents like Dawna Price are excited about construction because she doesn't like all the traffic through the area, "If it improves well it's good. We're getting a lot of traffic here. We moved out 24 years ago and there was nothing and we're getting a lot of traffic out here."
Other residents, like Peter Beagle, don't want to have to take alternate routes to work and home, "We're gonna get increased traffic on streets that we don't have, that we don't usually have traffic on. I've lived on this street for five years, kinda nice to come down here to Stripes and turn around and go back home and not have to add extra mileage."
TxDot plans for the project to be complete in the summer of 2014.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth