ABILENE, Texas - Loud booming sounds heard in the Abilene area this morning are the result of explosive training exercises at Dyess Air Force Base.
According to a Dyess spokesman, the training began at 9 a.m. and ran until 11 a.m.
KTXS received numerous calls from people inquiring about the loud sounds.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend