ABILENE, Texas - Loud booming sounds heard in the Abilene area this morning are the result of explosive training exercises at Dyess Air Force Base.
According to a Dyess spokesman, the training began at 9 a.m. and ran until 11 a.m.
KTXS received numerous calls from people inquiring about the loud sounds.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't