ABILENE, TX - Love and Care Ministries kicked off their 17th Annual tent revival Sunday night in Abilene.
A large tent stood in the middle of the parking lot filled with people worshiping and singing praise as a live band played. People in need of clothes, food and spiritual refreshment were in attendance.
During the event they were given food and the opportunity to shop for clothes. The ministry relies on donation and volunteers in order to operate.
About 300 volunteers help every night. One volunteer said she likes to come back each year to help those who are less fortunate.
"It feels great. I love it. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else but this." staff volunteer Rosie Meyers said.
About 400 people attended the revival on Sunday night. For those that want to check it out, the event runs through Wednesday on the corner of Sycamore and South 4th streets.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated