ABILENE, TX - Love and Care Ministries kicked off their 17th Annual tent revival Sunday night in Abilene.
A large tent stood in the middle of the parking lot filled with people worshiping and singing praise as a live band played. People in need of clothes, food and spiritual refreshment were in attendance.
During the event they were given food and the opportunity to shop for clothes. The ministry relies on donation and volunteers in order to operate.
About 300 volunteers help every night. One volunteer said she likes to come back each year to help those who are less fortunate.
"It feels great. I love it. I wouldn't want to be doing anything else but this." staff volunteer Rosie Meyers said.
About 400 people attended the revival on Sunday night. For those that want to check it out, the event runs through Wednesday on the corner of Sycamore and South 4th streets.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene