ABILENE, Texas - The League of United Latin American Citizens and the city of Abilene sponsored their 21st annual back to school rally for Abilene Independent School District students.
The event was held at the Ceasar Chavez South Park. Students in attendance were given lunch and entered in drawings for free school supplies and bicycles.
One organizer of the event said it would be the last event before the park closed its rec center.
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor
- Updated Recent deaths of kids in hot cars prompts pleas to parents
- Updated Convicted Brownwood child sex assault offender back in jail