ABILENE, Texas - The League of United Latin American Citizens and the city of Abilene sponsored their 21st annual back to school rally for Abilene Independent School District students.
The event was held at the Ceasar Chavez South Park. Students in attendance were given lunch and entered in drawings for free school supplies and bicycles.
One organizer of the event said it would be the last event before the park closed its rec center.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities