ABILENE, Texas - The price of a school lunch for grades five through eight in Wylie ISD will now cost students $2.50, up 25 cents from $2.25.
The Wylie ISD board favored the change for the coming school year during a meeting Monday.
Meanwhile, the board kept breakfast prices the same as last year as well as free and reduced lunch prices.
Superintendent Joey Light said the economy is playing a big role in the increase.
"It is just increasing food costs," Light said. "It is amazing how much food continues to go up in price. Of course, labor costs continue to rise as well."
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Hot and sunny weekend ahead
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self