ABILENE, Texas - Students in McMurry's 'Magnet' school program got the chance to learn to kayak Thursday afternoon.
This is just one of many physical activities that the students get to experience during their time at the university.
The program allows any 5th grade AISD student to spend an entire year of school on Mcmurry campus.
To qualify, student must fill out an application which is handed out at their school, be highly interested in math and science, pass the STAAR Test, and have less than 6 absences.
Students are then chosen at random by a raffle each June.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting