TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - A 25-year-old man wanted for the Abilene shooting death of Albert Cadena more than four years ago was arrested Friday in Whitfield, Ga., as a "fugitive from justice," the Taylor County Sheriff's Department said in a release.
Authorities picked up Martin Talavera Jr. for his part in the murder of Cadena, who was found dead in the 3600 block of Clinton Street.
According to the sheriff's department release, two other subjects – William Gagnon and Joe Rangel – have already been prosecuted for the crime.
"Talavera will be extradited back to Taylor County, at a later time," the news release said. "No other information is available from this agency regarding the circumstances of his arrest."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated