TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - A 25-year-old man wanted for the Abilene shooting death of Albert Cadena more than four years ago was arrested Friday in Whitfield, Ga., as a "fugitive from justice," the Taylor County Sheriff's Department said in a release.
Authorities picked up Martin Talavera Jr. for his part in the murder of Cadena, who was found dead in the 3600 block of Clinton Street.
According to the sheriff's department release, two other subjects – William Gagnon and Joe Rangel – have already been prosecuted for the crime.
"Talavera will be extradited back to Taylor County, at a later time," the news release said. "No other information is available from this agency regarding the circumstances of his arrest."
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location