ABILENE, Texas - A 47-year-old Carlsbad, Texas, man has been arrested for online solicitation of a minor under age 14.
Investigators with the Taylor County Sheriff's Office arrested Carlton Wayne Connaly at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday for the alleged 2nd-degree felony offense.
According to a sheriff's office new release, Connaly arrived "at a pre-determined location to meet the victim."
Connaly remains in Taylor County Jail under an $875,000 bond for the Taylor County charge. In addition, he is being retained on a warrant for aggravated sexual assault of a child, from another jurisdiction, with a $150,000 bond.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen