ABILENE, Texas - A 47-year-old Carlsbad, Texas, man has been arrested for online solicitation of a minor under age 14.
Investigators with the Taylor County Sheriff's Office arrested Carlton Wayne Connaly at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday for the alleged 2nd-degree felony offense.
According to a sheriff's office new release, Connaly arrived "at a pre-determined location to meet the victim."
Connaly remains in Taylor County Jail under an $875,000 bond for the Taylor County charge. In addition, he is being retained on a warrant for aggravated sexual assault of a child, from another jurisdiction, with a $150,000 bond.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated