ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene Police spokesperson says 57-year-old Lane Herttenberger was killed in a single-car accident Thursday afternoon on West Lake Road near Lake Fort Phantom Hill.
Herttenberger was driving a red 2013 Ford Mustang GT. The Mustang was traveling southbound on West Lake Road when it sped past another southbound vehicle. The Mustang lost control as it passed the other vehicle, spun clockwise, and then slid off of the road, striking a tree and other objects.
Taylor County Justice of the Peace Mike McAuliffe pronounced Herttenberger dead.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer