ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was arrested Saturday on several charges, including allegedly being caught with a loaded gun inside the Taylor County Jail.
According to police, 24-year-old Zachary Cornelison was driving down Frenchman's Creek around 2:30 a.m. without his headlights on when he was pulled over.
Officers said he had an open alcohol container, a marijuana roach and an empty pistol case in the car. He also had three outstanding warrants for class C failure to maintain financial responsibility, class C possession of drug paraphernalia and class C disobeying a red light.
He allegedly denied having a gun; however, when he was searched at the jail, officers said a cocked and loaded pistol was found in the crotch of his pants. Officers said a bag or marijuana also fell out of his boxers.
He was also charged with class A unlawful carrying of a weapon and third degree felony possession of a deadly weapon in a penal institution. As of Sunday, he remains in the jail on $11,670 total bond.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store