ABILENE, Texas - A 72-year-old Abilene man faces criminal charges after allegedly preventing police from checking on his wife.
The victim's children called Abilene Police after sending a friend to check on their mother.
When the friend arrived, James Steven Watson allegedly told that person to leave or he would shoot them.
When police responded to the residence on Hollis Drive, the man appeared intoxicated and poked an officer in the chest several times before allowing them inside.
Once inside the man would not let them through the hallway of the home.
He was arrested for Interference with a Public Servant and bonded out within 24 hours.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web