ABILENE, Texas - One man is under arrest and another was taken to the hospital after a high-speed wreck early Saturday morning.
The Abilene Police Dept. said the vehicle was traveling southbound on Highland Ave. and lost control, then flipped into the yard of a home.
At around 12:15 a.m., the vehicle crashed at Highland and 23rd.
Police arrived at the scene and administered three sobriety tests on the driver. He failed those tests and was placed under arrest.
One of the passengers of the vehicle was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to authorities.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend