ABILENE, Texas - One man is under arrest and another was taken to the hospital after a high-speed wreck early Saturday morning.
The Abilene Police Dept. said the vehicle was traveling southbound on Highland Ave. and lost control, then flipped into the yard of a home.
At around 12:15 a.m., the vehicle crashed at Highland and 23rd.
Police arrived at the scene and administered three sobriety tests on the driver. He failed those tests and was placed under arrest.
One of the passengers of the vehicle was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to authorities.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer