ABILENE, Texas - It was a close call on I-20 Monday evening after a two-car accident at the Old Anson exit around 8:15 p.m.
Abilene Police say the driver of an black SUV fell asleep and hit a light pole while driving west on I-20. The light pole then fell over onto a car behind him, carrying a family of three.
The pole cracked the windshield and set off the air bags, which caused the driver to lose control and veer into the median. He hit another light pole. No one was seriously injured.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program