ABILENE, Texas - It was a close call on I-20 Monday evening after a two-car accident at the Old Anson exit around 8:15 p.m.
Abilene Police say the driver of an black SUV fell asleep and hit a light pole while driving west on I-20. The light pole then fell over onto a car behind him, carrying a family of three.
The pole cracked the windshield and set off the air bags, which caused the driver to lose control and veer into the median. He hit another light pole. No one was seriously injured.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend