BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a man whose body was found in a Beaumont trash bin is believed to have died from smoke inhalation and the fire appears to have been accidental.
Police have identified the man whose body was found Tuesday in the trash bin as 58-year-old Karl Aldrich Lillyquist Jr.
Firefighters discovered his body after extinguishing the blaze in the trash bin at a gas station in the early morning hours.
The business was closed at the time of the fire and a neighbor reported the blaze.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash