ABILENE, Texas - A man is in the Taylor County Jail after an alleged armed robbery Tuesday afternoon.
It happened at the McDonald's in the 3600 block of North 1st street around 3:15 p.m.
Police said the suspect tried to hold up a man at gunpoint in the parking lot.
The man ran off. The suspect also fled , empty handed.
Police spotted the man running through yards of homes and a nearby church.
Officers drew their weapons, but police said they arrested the man without incident.
No one was injured.
The name of the man arrested has not been released at this time.
Police believe they have recovered the gun used in the crime.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery