ABILENE, Texas - A man is in the Taylor County Jail after an alleged armed robbery Tuesday afternoon.
It happened at the McDonald's in the 3600 block of North 1st street around 3:15 p.m.
Police said the suspect tried to hold up a man at gunpoint in the parking lot.
The man ran off. The suspect also fled , empty handed.
Police spotted the man running through yards of homes and a nearby church.
Officers drew their weapons, but police said they arrested the man without incident.
No one was injured.
The name of the man arrested has not been released at this time.
Police believe they have recovered the gun used in the crime.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS