ABILENE, Texas - A man is in the Taylor County Jail after an alleged armed robbery Tuesday afternoon.
It happened at the McDonald's in the 3600 block of North 1st street around 3:15 p.m.
Police said the suspect tried to hold up a man at gunpoint in the parking lot.
The man ran off. The suspect also fled , empty handed.
Police spotted the man running through yards of homes and a nearby church.
Officers drew their weapons, but police said they arrested the man without incident.
No one was injured.
The name of the man arrested has not been released at this time.
Police believe they have recovered the gun used in the crime.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash