ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man was indicted Thursday for a string of house burglaries.
Stephen Elizondo, 38, is accused of breaking into and burglarizing five homes between December 2016 and January 2017.
Between the five homes, court documents say Elizondo stole tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of jewelry, electronics, and a gun. One victim lost more than $23,000 worth of items.
Police were able to track Elizondo down after finding his fingerprints at more than one home and discovering many of the stolen items had been pawned by him.
Elizondo was arrested on Jan. 20. He has been indicted on five counts of burglary and one count of theft from an elderly person.
Elizondo is currently being held in the Taylor County Jail on bonds totaling $168,000.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- Officials: Texas man posing as film director made child porn
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out