HAWLEY, Texas - Rescuers worked for about 30 minutes to get a man out of his pickup after he drove into an embankment at the Hawley exit off of Highway 277 on Tuesday morning.
The injured man was taken by helicopter to a hospital after the accident occurred about 10 a.m.
Witnesses told Hawley police the driver appeared to be all over the road before he took the exit and struck the embankment near the Hawley school.
The driver was the only one in the truck.
We don't know how badly he's injured and police were not able to give us the man's name yet.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog