ABILENE, Texas - A Splendora man pleaded guilty Thursday to soliciting a Taylor County child for sex.
A Taylor County grand jury indicted 29-year-old Matthew Moore in February 2012 for online solicitation of a minor.
Authorities said Moore used an electronic device to arrange a meeting with the child victim. Detectives arrested Moore before he met with the child.
Moore took an open plea Thursday to admit his guilt and allow a judge to determine his punishment. He will be sentenced Feb. 22.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels