ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police arrested a man in north Abilene Saturday afternoon after the man allegedly ran from police and pointed a gun at one officer.
According to Abilene Police, after responding to a burglary call on Briarwood Street, they went to nearby houses and were asking if anyone had seen the suspects.
Officers then approached a man and found a gun tucked into his waistband.
The man began running away from police. Officers chased him and the man pointed a gun at one of the officers.
He was eventually caught in the 2100 block of Westview Drive.
Abilene police say the man, who has not been identified, will be charged with evading and aggravated assault on a peace officer.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend