ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police arrested a man in north Abilene Saturday afternoon after the man allegedly ran from police and pointed a gun at one officer.
According to Abilene Police, after responding to a burglary call on Briarwood Street, they went to nearby houses and were asking if anyone had seen the suspects.
Officers then approached a man and found a gun tucked into his waistband.
The man began running away from police. Officers chased him and the man pointed a gun at one of the officers.
He was eventually caught in the 2100 block of Westview Drive.
Abilene police say the man, who has not been identified, will be charged with evading and aggravated assault on a peace officer.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer