A man was transported to Hendrick Medical Center early Sunday morning after being struck by a minivan near Tye.
Abilene Police said the accident happened on Overland Trail about a mile west of Fulwiler Rd. around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.
His car broke down on I-20 and he was carrying a gas can to Tye.
He was hit while walking in the Access Road.
The man was conscious and talking before being transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
Police said no charges have been filed against the driver or the pedestrian.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking