A man was transported to Hendrick Medical Center early Sunday morning after being struck by a minivan near Tye.
Abilene Police said the accident happened on Overland Trail about a mile west of Fulwiler Rd. around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.
His car broke down on I-20 and he was carrying a gas can to Tye.
He was hit while walking in the Access Road.
The man was conscious and talking before being transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
Police said no charges have been filed against the driver or the pedestrian.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco