A man was transported to Hendrick Medical Center early Sunday morning after being struck by a minivan near Tye.
Abilene Police said the accident happened on Overland Trail about a mile west of Fulwiler Rd. around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.
His car broke down on I-20 and he was carrying a gas can to Tye.
He was hit while walking in the Access Road.
The man was conscious and talking before being transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
Police said no charges have been filed against the driver or the pedestrian.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer