A man was transported to Hendrick Medical Center early Sunday morning after being struck by a minivan near Tye.
Abilene Police said the accident happened on Overland Trail about a mile west of Fulwiler Rd. around 3 a.m. Sunday morning.
His car broke down on I-20 and he was carrying a gas can to Tye.
He was hit while walking in the Access Road.
The man was conscious and talking before being transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
Police said no charges have been filed against the driver or the pedestrian.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated