SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The man charged with the murder of a McMurry University graduate has a long history of prison and violence.
Christian Bautista, 29, was arrested just days after the body of 24-year old Lauren Bump was discovered in a San Antonio park.
Bump, a McMurry graduate, was home in San Antonio for the holidays.
Police say Bautista and Bump didn't have any connection and that Bump was in the park to exercise.
According to reporting done by the San Antonio Express-News, Bautista had been released from prison in Huntsville just two months before the murder. Bautista was serving time for beating an 18-year man with a tire iron.
Bautista had been arrested almost every year since he turned 19 in 2003.
Lauren Michelle Bump was laid to rest Thursday in San Antonio.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas