SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The man charged with the murder of a McMurry University graduate has a long history of prison and violence.
Christian Bautista, 29, was arrested just days after the body of 24-year old Lauren Bump was discovered in a San Antonio park.
Bump, a McMurry graduate, was home in San Antonio for the holidays.
Police say Bautista and Bump didn't have any connection and that Bump was in the park to exercise.
According to reporting done by the San Antonio Express-News, Bautista had been released from prison in Huntsville just two months before the murder. Bautista was serving time for beating an 18-year man with a tire iron.
Bautista had been arrested almost every year since he turned 19 in 2003.
Lauren Michelle Bump was laid to rest Thursday in San Antonio.
- Updated Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- Updated Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Judge blocks Texas cutting Medicaid to Planned Parenthood