SAN ANTONIO, Texas - The man charged with the murder of a McMurry University graduate has a long history of prison and violence.
Christian Bautista, 29, was arrested just days after the body of 24-year old Lauren Bump was discovered in a San Antonio park.
Bump, a McMurry graduate, was home in San Antonio for the holidays.
Police say Bautista and Bump didn't have any connection and that Bump was in the park to exercise.
According to reporting done by the San Antonio Express-News, Bautista had been released from prison in Huntsville just two months before the murder. Bautista was serving time for beating an 18-year man with a tire iron.
Bautista had been arrested almost every year since he turned 19 in 2003.
Lauren Michelle Bump was laid to rest Thursday in San Antonio.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon