TYE, Texas - Firefighters spent three-and-a-half hours trying to get a trapped man out of a wrecked 18-wheeler.
The accident happened on 707 near Tye Thursday night around 11 p.m. The driver hit a cow in the road, swerved, and sent the tractor-trailer spinning 180 degrees before it rolled over on its side, according to authorities on the scene.
Firefighters from Tye and Abilene spent three-and-a-half hours using the jaws of life and other tools to free the driver.
Luckily, the driver was alert and conscience the whole time and does not have life threatening injuries.
He was transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
The truck was carrying crude oil to Hawley.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana