TYE, Texas - Firefighters spent three-and-a-half hours trying to get a trapped man out of a wrecked 18-wheeler.
The accident happened on 707 near Tye Thursday night around 11 p.m. The driver hit a cow in the road, swerved, and sent the tractor-trailer spinning 180 degrees before it rolled over on its side, according to authorities on the scene.
Firefighters from Tye and Abilene spent three-and-a-half hours using the jaws of life and other tools to free the driver.
Luckily, the driver was alert and conscience the whole time and does not have life threatening injuries.
He was transported to Hendrick Medical Center.
The truck was carrying crude oil to Hawley.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death