ABILENE, Texas - Most City of Abilene offices and service centers will be closed Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
The Abilene Animal Shelter will reopen Saturday with normal hours. If you have animal related emergency should contact the Abilene Police Department at 325-673-8331 and an Animal Services Officer will be dispatched to handle the call.
Solid Waste Services division offices will not be open. There will be no residential pickup on Thursday or Friday. There is no commercial container collection on Thanksgiving Day. The Environmental Recycling Center will reopen Saturday.
The Municipal Court will also be closed on Nov. 28 and 29. All citations due can be turned in Monday, Dec. 2 with no penalty.
For a full list of city closures CLICK HERE
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated