Funeral services where held Wednesday for a local Marine Corps recruiter who died from injuries he got in a traffic accident January 9th.
Gunnery Sergeant Keith Keller was in a vehicle that collided with a tanker truck near an I-20 entrance ramp.
Keller was left with severe head injuries and died nine days later. Keller had served two deployments in Iraq before moving to Abilene in August of 2011.
Gunnery Sergeant Keller is survived by his wife and two children.
Burial will be in Easley, South Carolina.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9