ABILENE, Texas - McAlister's Deli is scheduled to open its first Abilene location on Monday.
The new restaurant is located at 3318 S. Clack between Natural Grocers and The Cotton Patch on Abilene's south side.
McAlister's website shows the restaurant serves up sandwiches, salads, soups, baked potatoes, desserts, and is known for its sweet tea.
To celebrate the opening, the restaurant is partnering to raise funds for the West Texas Rehabilitation Center in Abilene, according to a company news release.
"As part of the partnership, guests will receIve a $2 McAlister's gift card to redeem on their next visit for every $2 donation made to the rehab center, and employees will donate all tips for the first 30 days of operation," the news release said.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated