ABILENE, Texas - McAlister's Deli is scheduled to open its first Abilene location on Monday.
The new restaurant is located at 3318 S. Clack between Natural Grocers and The Cotton Patch on Abilene's south side.
McAlister's website shows the restaurant serves up sandwiches, salads, soups, baked potatoes, desserts, and is known for its sweet tea.
To celebrate the opening, the restaurant is partnering to raise funds for the West Texas Rehabilitation Center in Abilene, according to a company news release.
"As part of the partnership, guests will receIve a $2 McAlister's gift card to redeem on their next visit for every $2 donation made to the rehab center, and employees will donate all tips for the first 30 days of operation," the news release said.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking