ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University interim head coach has released the 2014 football schedule for the War Hawks. The 10-game slate will include one non-conference game, seven regular season Lone Star Conference (LSC) contests and two LSC post-season playoff games.
The War Hawks open up versus NCAA I FCS foe Houston Baptist University on the road on Saturday, September 6. It will be the first-ever meeting between the Huskies and War Hawks on the gridiron.
After an off week, McM opens Lone Star play at Angelo State University on Sept. 20, which begins the string of league bouts.
Following ASU, the War Hawks will play the first of three home games at Wilford Moore Stadium by hosting Texas A&M University-Kingsville on Sept. 27. That is followed by a road game at perennial NCAA II power West Texas A&M University on Saturday, October 4.
McMurry will play its Homecoming Game on Saturday, Oct. 11, versus Eastern New Mexico University. McM has a record of 6-0-1 against the Greyhounds, but the teams have not met in football since 1959.
McM will travel to Wichita Falls for the second-consecutive year to face Midwestern State University for an evening game on Oct. 18. The War Hawks are right back to the friendly confines of Wilford Moore Stadium on Oct. 25, welcoming Tarleton State University for what will be the final regular season home game of 2014 and the 43rd meeting between the schools (but first since 1990).
On November 1, McM will make another trip to Texas A&M University-Commerce (the War Hawks also went to Memorial Stadium in 2013) to close out the regular season slate.
The final two dates of 2014 – Nov. 8 and 15 - are reserved for the Lone Star Conference playoffs. Teams will be seeded based the regular season and are guaranteed games both weeks.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities