Many college students are gearing up to hit the road and head home for the Christmas break and the McMurry University Staff Council wants to make sure their cars are in tip top shape before they go.
The council sponsored the McMurry pit stop free to students Wednesday and Thursday. Volunteers checked tire pressure, oil and wiper fluid levels and gave out cookies or brownies and bottled water for the trip home for the Christmas break.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend