ABILENE, Texas - Meetings are being held to focus on approved clothing styles contained in Abilene Independent School District's new dress code for middle school students.
The first meeting was held Tuesday at Madison Middle School.
The dress code goes into effect during the 2014-15 school year.
Other standardized dress parent meetings are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, May 21, 5:30 p.m., Mann Middle School Auditorium
- Thursday, May 22, 6:30 p.m., Craig Middle School Gym
- Tuesday, May 27, 7 p.m., Clack Middle School Cafeteria
Here is the complete new Standardized Dress Policy for AISD middle schoolers:
Students can wear polo style shirts with a collar in several color choices: red, white, black, navy blue, royal blue, gray (solid colors only.) Sweatshirts, sweaters, and hoodies with the same color options as shirts are permitted. Shirts will need to be tucked in for both boys and girls. No logos or monograms except for AISD school logos on standardized tops are allowed.
Pants, shorts, and skirts will have to be khaki, black, or navy blue and must be hemmed and in good condition (no holes, rips, tears etc.) They may also wear leggings in the above mentioned shirt colors and must be worn with shorts or a skirt.
There will be one spirit day a week, which will be determined by the principal, usually on Fridays, on which students will be able to wear AISD school spirit shirts with black or blue jeans. Students may also continue to wear standardized dress on spirit days if they so choose.
As for belts, plain black or brown are allowed (no ribbon or sashes, etc.) and required if the bottoms have belt loops. Small style buckles are acceptable.
Flip-flops/slides or shower type shoes, are not allowed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated