ABILENE, Texas - The 26th annual Memorial Day service for fallen military members will be held at the Elmdale Baptist Church at 10 a.m. Sunday.
The Big Country Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force will conduct the service.
The church was originally built as a chapel at Camp Barkeley during World War II, but was moved to the Elmdale community in 1947. More than 60 congregations and organizations attended the 2012 Memorial Day service.
This year, the service will begin with the Missing Man Flyover and the Passing in Review of the Riderless Horse. The church is located at 225 Elmdale Road South.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic