ABILENE, Texas - The 26th annual Memorial Day service for fallen military members will be held at the Elmdale Baptist Church at 10 a.m. Sunday.
The Big Country Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force will conduct the service.
The church was originally built as a chapel at Camp Barkeley during World War II, but was moved to the Elmdale community in 1947. More than 60 congregations and organizations attended the 2012 Memorial Day service.
This year, the service will begin with the Missing Man Flyover and the Passing in Review of the Riderless Horse. The church is located at 225 Elmdale Road South.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide