ABILENE, Texas - The 26th annual Memorial Day service for fallen military members will be held at the Elmdale Baptist Church at 10 a.m. Sunday.
The Big Country Squadron of the Commemorative Air Force will conduct the service.
The church was originally built as a chapel at Camp Barkeley during World War II, but was moved to the Elmdale community in 1947. More than 60 congregations and organizations attended the 2012 Memorial Day service.
This year, the service will begin with the Missing Man Flyover and the Passing in Review of the Riderless Horse. The church is located at 225 Elmdale Road South.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend