ABILENE, Texas - The attorney for an Abilene man charged with stabbing a woman last year went before a judge seeking a sanity hearing for his client.
Robert Latham, 33, is charged with stabbing a 19-year-old woman in October of 2012. The stabbing occurred at an apartment complex on Matador Street.
Latham's attorney Jeff Johnson requested that a mental examination be done on Latham – and Judge Lee Hamilton granted that request.
The results of the examination won't be known for several weeks.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident