ABILENE, Texas - Place 6 councilwoman Kellie Miller was sworn in Monday morning for a second three-year term on the Abilene City Council.
Miller defeated Steve Savage in the June runoff election.
Miller had to be sworn at a special Monday meeting because state law required her to be sworn in within 11 days of the election.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget