ABILENE, Texas - Place 6 councilwoman Kellie Miller was sworn in Monday morning for a second three-year term on the Abilene City Council.
Miller defeated Steve Savage in the June runoff election.
Miller had to be sworn at a special Monday meeting because state law required her to be sworn in within 11 days of the election.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth