ABILENE, Texas - Authorities are going to do forensics testing of missing Abilene man John "Brendan" Boyd's abandoned 2007 Mustang, according to the wrecking company that impounded the vehicle.
The vehicle was found abandoned Monday in Laredo, a city of 236,000 located near the United States-Mexican border.
A Martinez Wrecker Services employee said authorities were coming out to do forensics testing on the vehicle, but would not comment on when.
Boyd, 24, is a graduate of Hardin-Simmons University.
Family and friends say Boyd was working and living in the College Station area but sent a text message to friends saying he was heading home to Abilene for the holidays. That was Christmas Day.
Boyd was driving a charcoal grey 2007 Mustang, license plate number BCB3466.
If you have any information about the whereabouts of John "Brendan" Boyd, call Abilene or College Station police departments.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't