ABILENE, Texas - We're happy to announce Missy Denard has been named WTU's Volunteer Citizen of the Year for 2013!
She is changing the lives of dozens of women through her transitional home, New Beginnings.
Watch as we surprised Missy live on KTXS This Morning, telling her she was chosen as this year's Volunteer Citizen and the recipient of a $5,000 donation from WTU.
We also want to thank all of our nominees and finalists for their work; Libby Embry, Gordon Storey, Jamie Thomas, and Cathy Taylor.
Tune in to KTXS and CW as we will be airing a 30 minute special on this year's WTU Volunteer Citizen of the Year award.
The special will air:
Dec. 24 at 11:05 p.m. on KTXS
Dec. 25 at noon on CW
Dec. 29 at 9:30 a.m. on CW
Dec. 29 at 10:30 a.m. on KTXS
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend