ABILENE, Texas - We're happy to announce Missy Denard has been named WTU's Volunteer Citizen of the Year for 2013!
She is changing the lives of dozens of women through her transitional home, New Beginnings.
Watch as we surprised Missy live on KTXS This Morning, telling her she was chosen as this year's Volunteer Citizen and the recipient of a $5,000 donation from WTU.
We also want to thank all of our nominees and finalists for their work; Libby Embry, Gordon Storey, Jamie Thomas, and Cathy Taylor.
Tune in to KTXS and CW as we will be airing a 30 minute special on this year's WTU Volunteer Citizen of the Year award.
The special will air:
Dec. 24 at 11:05 p.m. on KTXS
Dec. 25 at noon on CW
Dec. 29 at 9:30 a.m. on CW
Dec. 29 at 10:30 a.m. on KTXS
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen