ABILENE, Texas - We're happy to announce Missy Denard has been named WTU's Volunteer Citizen of the Year for 2013!
She is changing the lives of dozens of women through her transitional home, New Beginnings.
Watch as we surprised Missy live on KTXS This Morning, telling her she was chosen as this year's Volunteer Citizen and the recipient of a $5,000 donation from WTU.
We also want to thank all of our nominees and finalists for their work; Libby Embry, Gordon Storey, Jamie Thomas, and Cathy Taylor.
Tune in to KTXS and CW as we will be airing a 30 minute special on this year's WTU Volunteer Citizen of the Year award.
The special will air:
Dec. 24 at 11:05 p.m. on KTXS
Dec. 25 at noon on CW
Dec. 29 at 9:30 a.m. on CW
Dec. 29 at 10:30 a.m. on KTXS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS