ABILENE, Texas - The unemployment rate is down in Abilene for the month of October.
The rate dropped from 5.1% in September to 5.0% in October.
State-wide, the rate slipped .2% to land at 6.6% for October.
The Texas Workforce Commission says Texas employers added more than 277,400 jobs over the past year.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS