ABILENE, Texas - The unemployment rate is down in Abilene for the month of October.
The rate dropped from 5.1% in September to 5.0% in October.
State-wide, the rate slipped .2% to land at 6.6% for October.
The Texas Workforce Commission says Texas employers added more than 277,400 jobs over the past year.
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Texas student who dressed as slave told to change
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend