ABILENE, Texas - The icy roads in Abilene were riddled with car crashes over the weekend.
Abilene police tell KTXS 134 collisions were reported from 8 a.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday. That number does not include duplicate or false reports such as vehicles that never collided with anything after spinning out or vehicles that left the scene before first responders arrived.
"This is typically expected during inclement weather reporting," Public Information Officer George Spindler said.
Spindler said the majority of Abilene accidents occurred on Interstate 20, Loop 322 and Winters Freeway.
- Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene