ABILENE, Texas - The icy roads in Abilene were riddled with car crashes over the weekend.
Abilene police tell KTXS 134 collisions were reported from 8 a.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday. That number does not include duplicate or false reports such as vehicles that never collided with anything after spinning out or vehicles that left the scene before first responders arrived.
"This is typically expected during inclement weather reporting," Public Information Officer George Spindler said.
Spindler said the majority of Abilene accidents occurred on Interstate 20, Loop 322 and Winters Freeway.
- Updated Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana
- Updated Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill