ABILENE, Texas - The icy roads in Abilene were riddled with car crashes over the weekend.
Abilene police tell KTXS 134 collisions were reported from 8 a.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday. That number does not include duplicate or false reports such as vehicles that never collided with anything after spinning out or vehicles that left the scene before first responders arrived.
"This is typically expected during inclement weather reporting," Public Information Officer George Spindler said.
Spindler said the majority of Abilene accidents occurred on Interstate 20, Loop 322 and Winters Freeway.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth