ABILENE, Texas - Politicians who ran for office in Tuesday's primaries have just 10 days to remove campaign signs.
Spokesmen for the city of Abilene say after 10 days, they call candidates or their campaign staff to tell them where signs are still located and remind them to pick them up.
There is an exception to the rule: Candidates involved in the upcoming May 27 runoff election can leave their signs out. They are required to remove their signs 10 days after the runoff election.
- Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames