ABILENE, Texas - A 27-year-old Abilene man was killed in a motorcycle accident early Wednesday morning.
Michael Stanton was pronounced dead at the scene after the accident occurred about 12:35 a.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of Oldham Lane.
The motorcycle, a black 2011 Honda CBR 110, was traveling south on Oldham Lane, a police news release said, noting Stanton lost control while negotiating a curve and left the roadway.
Stanton's motorcycle struck a metal pole and a wrought iron fence. Stanton wasn't wearing a helmet.
Police said the roads were dry at the time of the collision – and it is unknown at this time if drugs or alcohol were a contributing factor.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen