ABILENE, Texas - A 27-year-old Abilene man was killed in a motorcycle accident early Wednesday morning.
Michael Stanton was pronounced dead at the scene after the accident occurred about 12:35 a.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of Oldham Lane.
The motorcycle, a black 2011 Honda CBR 110, was traveling south on Oldham Lane, a police news release said, noting Stanton lost control while negotiating a curve and left the roadway.
Stanton's motorcycle struck a metal pole and a wrought iron fence. Stanton wasn't wearing a helmet.
Police said the roads were dry at the time of the collision – and it is unknown at this time if drugs or alcohol were a contributing factor.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated