ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police are investigating a wreck that sent a motorcyclist to the hospital.
The collision happened in the southbound lanes of Winters Freeway, near the South 7th Street exit, just before 11 p.m. Monday.
Investigators say the motorcycle rear ended another vehicle.
According to the crash report, having seen the motorcyclist, the driver of the car switched lanes.
The motorcyclist, who the report says was speeding, then applied his brakes before running into the back of the car.
The motorcyclist was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with incapacitating injuries. KTXS has reached out for an update on his condition.
The crash report says he was wearing a helmet and that it was damaged in the crash.
He was cited for failure to control speed, driving without a valid driver's license and driving without valid registration.
KTXS will provide additional information as it becomes available.
- Updated Texas offers reward in border agent's death
- Della Reese, of TV's 'Touched by an Angel,' has died at 86
- Town moves man's loudspeaker broadcast of taps to local park
- Trump blasts Lynch for sitting during U.S. anthem, standing for Mexican anthem
- 3-2-1, BAM! Georgia Dome imploded in downtown Atlanta
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD