ABILENE, Texas - Legend and Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame inductee Leon Russell has been announced as the headliner for the 4th Annual Outlaws & Legends music festival.
The festival, now expanded to three days, begins March 28 at the Backporch of Texas venue in far north Abilene on Highway 277.
"Originally it was a kind of get together with other fellow song-writers now it's sort of taken on a life of it's own" said event organizer Mark Powell. "We're excited."
Leon Russell was a solo artist in the 70's but since has arranged music and played piano for musicians and groups like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and Frank Sinatra.
Joining Russell on the bill will be famed Texas Country musicians Robert Earl Keen, Gary P. Nunn and Cooder Graw.
Tickets start at $35 dollars and can only be purchased HERE.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location