ABILENE, Texas - Legend and Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame inductee Leon Russell has been announced as the headliner for the 4th Annual Outlaws & Legends music festival.
The festival, now expanded to three days, begins March 28 at the Backporch of Texas venue in far north Abilene on Highway 277.
"Originally it was a kind of get together with other fellow song-writers now it's sort of taken on a life of it's own" said event organizer Mark Powell. "We're excited."
Leon Russell was a solo artist in the 70's but since has arranged music and played piano for musicians and groups like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and Frank Sinatra.
Joining Russell on the bill will be famed Texas Country musicians Robert Earl Keen, Gary P. Nunn and Cooder Graw.
Tickets start at $35 dollars and can only be purchased HERE.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017