TYE, Texas - The name of the motorist killed in an early Tuesday morning accident on FM 707 north of I-20 has been released.
David Reyes Rodriguez, 54, of Anson died early Tuesday morning when he lost control and rolled his truck on FM 707, according to the Department of Public Safety.
The accident occurred about two miles north of I-20 at about 5 a.m.
Reyes had driven off the road and the pickup truck ended up on its side.
Reyes wasn't wearing a seat belt and was the only person in the vehicle.
According to DPS spokesman Fred Biddle, seat belts were not worn in the last three fatal crashes in our area.
"Seatbelts remain one of the most critical safety devices available to vehicle operators and passengers," DPS released in a statement. "No matter how good a driver we are, we don't have complete control of what's around the next curve. For the sake of you and your family, please wear your seat belt."
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget