TYE, Texas - The name of the motorist killed in an early Tuesday morning accident on FM 707 north of I-20 has been released.
David Reyes Rodriguez, 54, of Anson died early Tuesday morning when he lost control and rolled his truck on FM 707, according to the Department of Public Safety.
The accident occurred about two miles north of I-20 at about 5 a.m.
Reyes had driven off the road and the pickup truck ended up on its side.
Reyes wasn't wearing a seat belt and was the only person in the vehicle.
According to DPS spokesman Fred Biddle, seat belts were not worn in the last three fatal crashes in our area.
"Seatbelts remain one of the most critical safety devices available to vehicle operators and passengers," DPS released in a statement. "No matter how good a driver we are, we don't have complete control of what's around the next curve. For the sake of you and your family, please wear your seat belt."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated