ABILENE, Texas - Police have now released the name of the man involved in a rollover accident Sunday afternoon on Clack Street near I-20.
According to police, William Meier, of Clyde, was the driver of the vehicle that hit a light pole and rolled over around 4:30 p.m. Sunday. Meier was traveling on Clack Street near I-20 when he crashed.
Officers said Meier was suspected of driving too fast and drove off of the road into a ditch, hit a light pole and rolled over. Meier had scratches and possible broken bones from the accident. Meier was wearing a seat belt.
Meier was taken to Hendrick Medical Center for treatment and has since been released.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer