Nashville country singer Lillie Syracuse performed at a benefit concert Saturday evening at the Sweetwater Municipal Auditorium.
All proceeds went toward auditorium improvements that are already in progress.
"This is definitely extremely exciting and a huge honor for me," Syracuse told KTXS. "I think that being a part of preserving something beautiful, as an auditorium that holds music and comedy entertainment, is great."
Saturday was the first time Syracuse performed in the Big Country.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck