Nashville country singer Lillie Syracuse performed at a benefit concert Saturday evening at the Sweetwater Municipal Auditorium.
All proceeds went toward auditorium improvements that are already in progress.
"This is definitely extremely exciting and a huge honor for me," Syracuse told KTXS. "I think that being a part of preserving something beautiful, as an auditorium that holds music and comedy entertainment, is great."
Saturday was the first time Syracuse performed in the Big Country.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web