Nashville country singer Lillie Syracuse performed at a benefit concert Saturday evening at the Sweetwater Municipal Auditorium.
All proceeds went toward auditorium improvements that are already in progress.
"This is definitely extremely exciting and a huge honor for me," Syracuse told KTXS. "I think that being a part of preserving something beautiful, as an auditorium that holds music and comedy entertainment, is great."
Saturday was the first time Syracuse performed in the Big Country.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget