ABILENE, Texas - National Work Zone Awareness Week is April 15-19.
Four of every five victims in work zone crashes are motorists, according to the United States Department of Transportation.
TxDOT officials urge drivers to be safe and alert while driving through construction zones. Traffic fines double when workers are present.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth