ABILENE, Texas - National Work Zone Awareness Week is April 15-19.
Four of every five victims in work zone crashes are motorists, according to the United States Department of Transportation.
TxDOT officials urge drivers to be safe and alert while driving through construction zones. Traffic fines double when workers are present.
- Updated Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Updated Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'