ABILENE, Texas - National Work Zone Awareness Week is April 15-19.
Four of every five victims in work zone crashes are motorists, according to the United States Department of Transportation.
TxDOT officials urge drivers to be safe and alert while driving through construction zones. Traffic fines double when workers are present.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family