ABILENE, Texas - More than 40 grams of methamphetamine are now police evidence after a traffic stop in Abilene.
Joe Anthony Alvarez, 23, was arrested and charged with a first degree felony for manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance.
According to the police report, Alvarez was pulled over for driving with a suspended license. After he was pulled over, a K-9 unit was called to the stop and smelled drugs inside the vehicle. Officers were able to seize 42.6 grams of meth, most likely meant for distribution.
Alvarez also has a current charge of a third degree felony for assault family violence from December 2013.
Alvarez is being held at the Taylor County Jail with bonds totaling $25,000.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend