ABILENE, Texas - More than 40 grams of methamphetamine are now police evidence after a traffic stop in Abilene.
Joe Anthony Alvarez, 23, was arrested and charged with a first degree felony for manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance.
According to the police report, Alvarez was pulled over for driving with a suspended license. After he was pulled over, a K-9 unit was called to the stop and smelled drugs inside the vehicle. Officers were able to seize 42.6 grams of meth, most likely meant for distribution.
Alvarez also has a current charge of a third degree felony for assault family violence from December 2013.
Alvarez is being held at the Taylor County Jail with bonds totaling $25,000.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash