ABILENE, Texas - More than 40 grams of methamphetamine are now police evidence after a traffic stop in Abilene.
Joe Anthony Alvarez, 23, was arrested and charged with a first degree felony for manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance.
According to the police report, Alvarez was pulled over for driving with a suspended license. After he was pulled over, a K-9 unit was called to the stop and smelled drugs inside the vehicle. Officers were able to seize 42.6 grams of meth, most likely meant for distribution.
Alvarez also has a current charge of a third degree felony for assault family violence from December 2013.
Alvarez is being held at the Taylor County Jail with bonds totaling $25,000.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs