ABILENE, Texas - Families in Abilene can add one more place to visit for fun.
Nelson Splash Park reopened on Saturday. Kids and their families come to the park to cool down as the weather heads up.
Nelson Splash is free to the public and operates seasonally from sun up to sun down seven days a week. Nelson Splash is located in Nelson Park next to the Abilene Zoo, Camp Barkeley Dog Park, Nelson Lake, Fort Imagination playground and Nelson Park softball fields.
The 3,000 square foot splash park has 26 water features and areas for both younger and older children. The water features are triggered by sensors which are activated by tapping the hand at the main entrance. Nelson Splash also has shaded picnic tables, a water fountain, and restroom facilities.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event