ABILENE, Texas - Families in Abilene can add one more place to visit for fun.
Nelson Splash Park reopened on Saturday. Kids and their families come to the park to cool down as the weather heads up.
Nelson Splash is free to the public and operates seasonally from sun up to sun down seven days a week. Nelson Splash is located in Nelson Park next to the Abilene Zoo, Camp Barkeley Dog Park, Nelson Lake, Fort Imagination playground and Nelson Park softball fields.
The 3,000 square foot splash park has 26 water features and areas for both younger and older children. The water features are triggered by sensors which are activated by tapping the hand at the main entrance. Nelson Splash also has shaded picnic tables, a water fountain, and restroom facilities.
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog