ABILENE, Texas - A new candidate is throwing his hat into the ring for a seat on the Abilene City Council.
Retired Abilene resident Lupe Chavez is running for Place 6. He'll be running against Place 6 incumbent Councilwoman Kellie Miller.
Steve Savage, 37, is also running for the same seat. The Abilene business owner operates Stinky Steve's Septic and Grease. Savage is married with three children and has another on the way.
The deadline for filing to run in the May election is Friday.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children