ABILENE, Texas - A new candidate is throwing his hat into the ring for a seat on the Abilene City Council.
Retired Abilene resident Lupe Chavez is running for Place 6. He'll be running against Place 6 incumbent Councilwoman Kellie Miller.
Steve Savage, 37, is also running for the same seat. The Abilene business owner operates Stinky Steve's Septic and Grease. Savage is married with three children and has another on the way.
The deadline for filing to run in the May election is Friday.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera