ABILENE, Texas - A new candidate is throwing his hat into the ring for a seat on the Abilene City Council.
Retired Abilene resident Lupe Chavez is running for Place 6. He'll be running against Place 6 incumbent Councilwoman Kellie Miller.
Steve Savage, 37, is also running for the same seat. The Abilene business owner operates Stinky Steve's Septic and Grease. Savage is married with three children and has another on the way.
The deadline for filing to run in the May election is Friday.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase