ABILENE, Texas - A new candidate is throwing his hat into the ring for a seat on the Abilene City Council.
Retired Abilene resident Lupe Chavez is running for Place 6. He'll be running against Place 6 incumbent Councilwoman Kellie Miller.
Steve Savage, 37, is also running for the same seat. The Abilene business owner operates Stinky Steve's Septic and Grease. Savage is married with three children and has another on the way.
The deadline for filing to run in the May election is Friday.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death